A big part of achieving your business goals is knowing what's going on in your business. We can help you manage your finances and grow your business with these key tools and reports:
A budget is an estimate of your income and spending over a period. It helps you think ahead and plan your spending to get to where you want to go. The budget is the basis for comparing actual results achieved as the financial year progresses.
Cash Flow Forecasts
Your cash flow is the money coming in and going out of your business. A healthy cash flow is having enough money to pay what you owe when it's due. Cash flow forecasts help you understand how much of the money in your bank account is yours to spend. They help you answer questions such as:
- Are we holding too much inventory?
- Is this the right time to expand our business?
- Will we have enough cash to pay all our expenses this month?
Profit and loss statement (Income Statement) - this shows your income and expenses during the month, and whether you made a profit or loss.
- Balance sheet - this shows what you own and what you owe at the time of the report. It's a 'snapshot' of your business's financial position at the end of the month.
- Statement of Cash Flows - this tells you how your business has received and spent cash during the month.
Starting a business can be daunting. We can help you every step of the way, including:
- Preparing a business plan
- Advising on the right tax structure
- Advising on your tax and employer obligations
- Getting your business set up on Xero
The pressure of daily business often means that strategic planning takes a back seat – but to have a successful business you must plan ahead. We'll help you set up a strategic plan that looks at where you want your business to be in the next 3-5 years and how you and your team can achieve those goals.
Your strategic plan will:
- Define the characteristics of your company in three to five years
- Identify your competitors
- Define your objectives and financial goals
- Include an effective implementation strategy to achieve your goals